Wednesday 2 June 2010

And off we go again

Most bizarre. Husband's company is outsourcing in the Ukraine. They began at the start of this year. But so so so much more bizarre is that they are not going to the capital Kiev, but to the lesser known L'viv. Which just happens to be where we are having our ivf tx. Some would say that this was fate. Some would say it's my recently lost dad trying to help from beyond the grave. All I can say is thank you.

So a few weeks ago with DH out there doing his job, I managed to combine a trip to see him with a hysteroscopy at Intersono. This was a total godsend. His company kindly paid for me to go (he was out there for 6 weeks) for a week's visit and of course, I stayed in his apartment. So all I had to pay for was the op - which was £230 as opposed to £2k here.

The op went well. I was nervous about having gen anaesthetic in a foreign country, but it was all fine. DH waited outside for me and I was only under just over 30 mins. The Dr did a D&C while there and I think that will be a great help toward conception - a new fresh womb lining!

So now back home and on the drugs. I started the divigel when I got back and then the decapeptyl injections daily. I also took utrogestan pessaries for a week. Now on nothing except the injections and folic acid. The main meds start this sat with the build up to leaving for L'viv in 2 weeks time. Can't wait.

No comments: