Tuesday 22 June 2010

The day before ET

So far all has been good. We arrived on thursday and settled into our new apartment. The good things are rooms are nice and large, with lots of light; the balcony gets the sun most of the day; the bed is large as is the tv screen, and all is clean and new; bedding bright; only 15 mins walk to town centre & mostly thru park; shower good. The bad things are only 2 of all cutlery, plates etc; no tea towel; argumentative smoking Ukrainian neighbours; no colander; wooden spoons; salt & pepper needed; no washing powder and other niggles.

DH and I went to clinic for 10 next morning ( catching taxi not so easy as we walked toward clinic and not toward L'viv centre where there are lots of taxis.). Won't do that again. He did his deed and I played with little Ukrainian boy on my iPad - at first he wouldn't touch it, but soon he was gaily joining in with a mad spot the difference app (he was just as good as me, if not better, for all his 4 or so years). DH Has foul mind and sees that last sentence as something disgusting. Pah.

Donor aspirated while we are there and 20 eggs harvested. Lyucyna very excited and says we should be able to freeze some for siblings. I love her confidence.

The following days spent doing a bit of work I brought with me as DH at work here in office near apartment. Met his Ukrainian colleagues for lunch at nice restaurant (Valencia) nearby. The menu was Ukrainain but the guys explained what it all was. I had borscht (not bad) and a salad anglisky, which tho not very "English" was delicious, a pile of finely shredded lettuce, lashings of mayo, mustard, chicken and mushrooms. Yum. DH had borscht with pancakes filled with chicken and stuff - they were light and crispy and really yummy.

TV here ok. Watch the English Club mostly as they have some good films and they are titled in Ukrainian and not dubbed, so you can enjoy them. Meant to help the guys here learn English of course. It's channel 22. Channel 7 is the BBC world service and you can keep up with the uk news that way- should you care!

So today is the day before ET and I still had not heard from Lyucyna about times etc. So I texted her mobile and she answered straight back. I'm due at 2. She also said we have 10 eggs frozen and 14 fertilized. Amazing. Will know about quality tomorrow. Of course, the same happened in Moscow's Altra Vita and the 20 eggs were all poor quality and died really quickly, only 2 put back and none for freezing. So I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. Still, 10 frozen already means we can come back for a cheaper try and maybe if we're lucky we might have a blast frosty too, so I could come back alone (even cheaper).

Only one problem so far. I have woken up in the morning (normal time) with excruciating pains in my lower abdomen/groin area. Going to the loo (either way) eases the pain and it stops 30 mins or so after. And then free of pain all day! I have no idea what this is. I nearly passed out with it this morning, only realizing the symptoms (nausea,sweating, dizziness) at last minute and lying down sorted that. I thought it could be kidney stones, appendicitis, constipation. But in the end I think it's probably swollen ovaries screaming with pain after a night of being squashed by a heavier than usual bowel. That explains the symptoms, otherwise the other possibilities just don't fit.

Oh well. Praying I'm pain free when I wake up tomorrow.

Am really looking forward to being PUPO tomorrow.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad, so there

No comments: