Thursday 6 August 2009

Not long to go now


Well, we leave Sunday at 6.05 am. The flights are pretty bonkers and there is a later flight (also by Austrian Airlines) to the same connection in Vienna, but leaving only 30 mins to connect. So that was our choice, 30 mins or nearly 4 hours. We opted for the latter in the end. I could see us just making that 30 min connection, but I could also see our luggage taking its own vacation to Rome!

I opted to take the medications on the flight with me - I couldn't bear the thought of losing them with the baggage. So I ordered a letter from the doc and phoned the airline to make sure it was ok to take syringes etc on board - they said yes and they would organise authorisation for me. So that was nice!

The apartment rental dates are now changed to Sun - Thur and I've booked a taxi to pick us up. DH's parents are putting us up on Sat night and so we only have a 30 min ride to the airport. We'll only get a couple of hours sleep, but we might get some more on the plane.

Have had to reorganise my teaching and have left my students in the capable hands of one of them. Will show her the lesson on Sat, so she can demonstrate to them. Have bought food for kids to manage while we are away.

So much still to do!

Here's a watercolour I did of some tomatoes!

No comments: