Tuesday 25 August 2009

Saturday 15th August - D DAY



SATURDAY

Up and more pain killers for back. Shower. Suddenly remember I had to have full bladder and time has got away - it's 12.15 and we have to be there for 1. Drink tea and pints of water.

Get to clinic with time to spare and have more to drink. Waited little while, then went up stairs with Lyucyna. Shown pleasant bedroom with 4 beds. All very clean and neat. Told to get into t shirt and slippers and wait. About ten mins later Lyucyna came and asked me to follow her. First went to small room where introduced to doc who was to do procedure. Then asked how many eggs to transfer and I asked about quality. Lyucyna ran off to ask doc. Came back and said doc suggests 3. So that was a complete change around for us!

Went to bright room with happy music and usual ominous gynae chair. Sat in it (full bladder now very full) and different doc did business. Lyucyna telling me all throughout. She also explained that there were 3 good blasties, but the rest were no good or slow and so none for frosties. She explained it was better to use all 3 now as there was no point in saving one - it was too likely not to make the frosting and defrosting.

They checked all 3 beans on board (ie not stuck in catheter) then I had to lay (!) still for 10 mins. Whole process completely painless, but bladder made it very uncomfortable. Lycyna then took me back to bedroom and told to lie down for one hour. Full bladder getting worse and worse. I was literally clock watching as the minutes went by - I couldn't concentrate on the book I'd brought as the urge to pee was terrible. There were other Ukrainian girls there, most donating eggs I'd guess. None spoke English, nearly all very pretty. I'd heard somewhere that Ukrainian girls are the most beautiful in the world and could see nothing to counter that.....although there is a marked gap between all the lovely stylish things and then Babooshkas! It's like they must metamorphose overnight!

Lyucyna ordered taxi and DH got more utrogestan. Went back and lay on bed for rest of day.

No comments: